Rhiassa Presents: Queen of Hearts XXVII
August 13 - August 14, 2022
Event starts at 11:00 AM, on Saturday August 13, 2022.
Event ends at 04:00 PM, on Sunday August 14, 2022.
Cost is $30 per person. Kids 11-15 are $15. Kids 10 and under are free..
Cost via Paypal is $30.00 per person.
Pre-registration is suggested.
All event information can be found in the following document:
The information in this document supercedes any information on rhiassa.com
As the summer quickly approaches, I’d like to notify the community about some large-scale adaptations that we are making to Queen of Hearts this year to make the event more feasible after a year (or two) that has been very abnormal. These changes are a temporary measure for the sake of this coming August. It is our intention to return to our traditional format in 2023.
We are working off of the reality that, while Realms is unquestionably back in session, there has been a slow start to the season and the normal months of planning that people put into planning a queen of hearts team have simply become an afterthought given the many competing pressures we’ve all had to endure over these past months and years. Therefore, Queen of Hearts is designed, for this year, as an event that will require little to no preparation other than the desire to go.
A full reworking of the rules and how things will function is forthcoming for those who like to delve into all the details. For now, here is a simple explanation of how things are going to work this year.
The things that are changing:
- There will be two teams.
- The two team organizers are Matt (Cecil) and Travis (Elwin). They have been asked to build teams from everyone who wishes to play at QoH this year but also to work together to make sure that the rosters of both teams are pretty close to balanced going into the event.
- If you and your group want to play at QoH you should reach out to either or both of them. I will help facilitate that as needed.
- People that show up at the event day-of will be randomly sorted onto the two teams.
- There will be no pre-event crafting/non-com competitions. All of these tournaments will take place wholly at the event with all materials provided by the event.
The things that are staying the same:
- All traditional war maneuvers and combat tournaments will function much as they always have.
- All cards, points, scoring, awards, and prizes will be mostly unchanged.
- There will still be a presentation of non-com and performance tournaments after dinner break.
- You will still get to fight in epic fights with your friends all weekend long.
I recognize that a lot of this is a departure from what we normally do, and if others were hatching Queen of Hearts plans that run concurrent to these adaptations then I deeply apologize. Keep those plans on hold until next year when the format will become traditional again.
As I’ve said, we feel that these changes give the best opportunity for the event to be successful this year and to give as many people as possible an incredible Queen of Hearts experience. I’ll be happy to answer any questions people have though I’ll tell you that not every detail has been worked out yet, so there may be some things I do not yet know.
Thank you all for your patience and your trust.
People planning to attend QoH, both staff and players, should fill out the contact tracing form here: https://forms.gle/kBH2tzA9EVHNy1Fv7
79 Moore Road
For GPS and Internet Map Users:
The Address is: 79 Moore Road Belchertown, Massachusetts.
Map coordinates are: 42˚ 14' 23" N, 72˚ 20' 43" W
Old Fashioned Directions:
Find your way to the intersection of Rte. 202 and Rte 9 in
Take 202 South into downtown Belchertown.
Go straight through the set of lights; you'll find yourself on Rte 181.
Follow 181 until you turn onto Cold Springs Road on the left
(immediately after a pink sign on the left that reads "Angle Cuts Etc.")
Follow Cold Springs Road, bearing left at the fork that is the
intersection with Michael Sears Road, until you find the entrance to
the Swift River Sportsmen's Club, which will be on the right.
Drive all the way down to the end of the road to the dirt parking lot.